Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Photo Story 3



My Cyberbullying Public Service Announcement was pasted on the popular web site You Tube. I really liked this assignment because it forced me to learn how to use You Tube and upload videos to the site. I always liked to view videos from You Tube, but I never uploaded anything through an account. I really like Photo Story 3. I have been using this program in my classes for a year. I learned about it at a dual session workshop that was part of the Special Education Teachers Leadership Academy (SETLA) that I attended in Charleston, WV last July. It is a great tool for students to create narrative presentations. I really liked the idea of creating a public service announcement. The use of this tool for an assignment like this is a direct match to standard four set forth by the ISTE and the educational standards for teachers that they established. Using Photo Story 3 and You Tube to create a public service announcement is an excellent way to promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility. This is a way that students can create presentations on issues that are important to them. This gives them a sense of civic participation which is part of being a responsible citizen. I would like to use this type of assignment for my students in the English classes I teach. My school, like all schools in West Virginia have blocks on websites such as You Tube. I could have them past their assignments on a Teacher Tube account that I will set up. I am looking forward to using Photo Story 3 for an assignment such as this for the upcoming school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment