I have not used many drawing tools, so my experience is very limited. The only other drawing tool that I have ever used extensively is Microsoft Paint. I have never used an online drawing tool mainly because I have never really needed to use one. The experience from this assignment was really good because it forced me to use an online drawing tool. With this, I was able to contemplate how I could use this application towards the functions of my job. In terms of standards set forth by the ISTE, I would say that my experience meets standard two, but the use of it in the classroom could coincide with all five standards. As a social studies and English teacher I would mainly use this tool to meet the third standard. I would teach my students to use creative media in order to convey a thought, idea, or even product. The use of this would be an excellent way to do this. This tool has the ability to allow students to use images from other locations as well as creatively use the art applications to create their own. This is an excellent way for me to model digital age work and learning. My students can not learn to do the things that were once only reserved for the few. When I was in school, being able to do this was unthinkable.
The graphic that I created was mainly on the applications that we used in this class so far this session. I also embedded it with this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment