Friday, June 11, 2010

Jing 1



I really thought Jing was a pretty cool tool to use. I played around with it last night and tonight. I can definitely see where I can use this in my instruction. I never knew about it until now. I struggled with using it even though I watched the introductory video and screen presentation that followed registration. As I played around with it the easier it became. I went ahead and created an initial visual pertaining to the creation of a proper cover page for compositions for my English classes. I actually had students submit their compositions via e-mail. I always run into the problem of them understanding things like proper margins, spacing, and font size. This is an excellent tool to help me convey processes such as this. It is also a great tool to assist students in using applications that I assign to them in order to better master content or processes in my classes. I am sure that I will improve in regards to my ability to use this tool. This seems to be like central air conditioning. I went most of my life without it, but now that I have it I cannot imagine life without it. I can see how this tool can make life easier for teachers who implement technology into their classrooms. In regards to ISTE standards this would be an excellent way to perform standard 1. Enabling students to use this tool to explain something such as is typically required in a process analysis would be an excellent way to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity. It is an awesome tool to supplement assignments such as these. I can see myself teaching my students in English class how to use this tool for several assignments.





No comments:

Post a Comment