Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Speakeasy.net Internet Speed Test
I ran the download and upload speed test on my computer based on the Washington, D.C. location since that was the closest listed metropolitan area on the list to choose from. The test did not take very long. The results revealed upload and download speed in terms of Millibytes per-second (Mbps) and Kilobytes per second (kbps.) According to the diagnostic, my computer's download speed was 0.60 Mbps or 601kbps. The download transfer rate was 75.1 KB/Sec. My computer's upload speed was 0.65 Mbps. or 645 kbps. The upload transfer rate was 80.6KB/Sec. This is an area that I need to become more familiar with in terms of being aware of my computer's performance. I do like the fact that I can check this regularly. This is definitely something that could come in handy. I know the frustrations of watching a computer loose its speed and efficiency. In regards to ISTE NETS 2008, this activity covered standard 2. It was a great digital-age learning experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment