Upon viewing the video and setting up my Google Reader, I found two blogs that I would like to follow this semester. The first blog is entitled “Free Technology for Teachers.” The second blog is entitled “Edgalaxy.” As I explored both blogs, the blog post that caught my eye was entitled “100 Ways to Use Voice Threads in Education.” The entry came from the “Free Technology for Teachers” blog. I plan on acquiring many resources from this blog throughout the semester. From the blog entry that I picked, I learned many different ways that voice threads can be used by teachers as well as students in order to assure quality learning in a 21st Century classroom. I really like how this particular blog entry consisted of numerous ideas submitted by other teachers who are followers of the blog. The ideas themselves were submitted via voice thread. This entry was one of the blogs that I chose to share. The other blog entry that I shared is entitled “More Than 100 Webcam Resources from Simple K12.” It is very neat how I can follow other blogs in this manner. Others can follow my blog as well as Google profile.
Learning Outcomes:
1. What is a blog syndication and how does it differ from your previous strategies for information gathering?
Blog syndication uses RSS in order to publish and deliver web content that changes regularly to individual computer users who request the content. This differs from previous strategies for information gathering in that in the past one would have to look up informational web sites one at a time or open up numerous windows simultaneously in order to display all desired information at the same time. With blog syndication such as that from Google Reader, users can get new postings and information from their favorite websites sent to them immediately as opposed to having to make frequent checks on their favorite websites separately.
2. What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication as well as Rich Site Summary.
In regards to ISTE standards, using Google Reader would be an excellent way to facilitate standard 3. Being able to access other blogs in the way made possible by Google Reader is an excellent way to model digital-age work and learning. This is definitely how learning will take place in the 21st century.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can you add a link to your Google profile?
ReplyDelete