I really liked using Voice Thread. I was aware of it, but I never used it until now. I did not realize that using was as easy as it was in this activity. I plan on using this tool next semester in my classes. There are so many possibilities with the use of it in the classroom especially for teachers of social studies and English. In regards to the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Teachers, this activity can be matched with each of the five standards in one way or another. If I were to choose from the five standards I would say that it most closely matches Standard 3. The product from this activity enabled me to better understand an model my mastery of this digital age tool. I really felt that being able to model digital age work and learning in this activity will prove to be valuable in making me a better 21st Century educator. I also think that Standard 2 was covered very well in this activity. This activity enabled me as a student to have a valuable digital age learning experience that I can take and apply to my practice in order to better provide a classroom more conducive to 21st Century learning skills and standards.
Learning Outcome Test Question Response
1. What is a VoiceThread and how can they be used in any learning enterprise?
A Voice Thread is a tool that enables people to converse around images or video. With this, a group discussion can be contained on one page. This tool can be used in a variety of ways in any learning enterprise. It can be used as an introductory tool for students to "break the ice" about themselves as it was for this activity that we performed. It can also be used as a discussion or tutoring tool for students and teacher to converse with one another as well as provide assistance where it may be needed. It can also be used as an instructional tool. It can also be used to facilitate project based learning. These are just a few of the ways this tool can be used with any learning enterprise.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your ascendancy to the wrestling position.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dr. Pierce. It is definitely something that I have waited a long time to do.
ReplyDelete